Sunday, May 2, 2010

Fun with Secret Questions

Does your bank allow you to come up with your own "secret question", to be used as authentication when you phone in? Most people who get to create their own questions usually ask the regular things like "Mother's high school nickname" or "Colour of step-brother's best friend's neighbour's dog's nose".

Bruce Schneier, one of the few sane veterans of the internet security industry, has come up with a way to make it a lot more fun. One of my favourite examples:

Q: I've been embezzling hundreds of thousands of dollars from my employer, and I don't care who knows it.
A: It's a good thing they're recording this call, because I'm going to have to report you.



Some of the ideas given in the Comments section are gold.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this one

    "Q: Do you authorize us to transfer a free gift of $1M to your account?
    A: Thank you, offer accepted."

    Pretty cool posts on your blog.

    ReplyDelete